Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Assassin (Part EveryVillainIsLemons (EVIL))

I turned around to look at her. "You shouldn't have joined us then. You don't join to save people." *I learned that the hard way.* I added to myself. I left her there in the street, and followed the boy until we came to a nearly abandoned street. I let myself watch from a distance, then began to go forward. I slid my knife into my hand, and went even closer to the boy. I slowly brought my hand up, ready to throw since it would be awkward to kill him at close quarters since he was so small. His young face beamed in delight as he passed someone nearby, and I froze. I just couldn't do it. Cursing, I put the knife away and went over to the boy. James his name was. "Hey James, I need you to come with e. There are some bad people that want to hurt you, but I won't let them." The boy turned and looked at me, scared. I wasn't sure if he was going to run or not, but I couldn't let him. He needed to disappear or the others would know I didn't do the job. Then I remembered what my partner had said. "I can take you to your sister." I offered encouragingly, and hope filled his face. I held out my hand and he grabbed it. I picked him up and ran to my get-away. Setting him down, I told him, "Stay here, I'll go get your sister." Then I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment